The Albanian Centre for Environmental Governance (ACEG) is seeking to hire a Project Coordinator who will be in charge of assisting the Project Manager in organizing our ongoing projects. This task involves monitoring project plans, schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures, organizing and participating in stakeholder meetings, and ensuring that project deadlines are met in a timely manner.
To be successful as a Project Coordinator, you will need to be able to work on tight deadlines, be competent in using Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel, and have exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills. A bachelor’s degree in a related field of study and at two (2) years of relevant experience is required for consideration. Note: Proven unpaid experiences will be eligible for the basic requirements.
Core values and competences
- Communication: Actively works to achieve clear and transparent communication with colleagues and with stakeholders of the ACEG;
- Collaboration: Works effectively with others on common goals and fosters a positive, trust-based working environment;
- Planning: Works towards the achievement of goals in a structured and measured manner;
- Analysis and decision-making: Analyses available information, draws well-founded conclusions and takes appropriate decisions;
- Integrity: Acts in a manner consistent with the ACEG’s core values and organizational principles
- Initiative-taking: Proposes and initiates new ideas, activities and projects
Project Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures.
- Organizing, attending, and participating in stakeholder meetings.
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings.
- Ensuring project deadlines are met.
- Determining project changes.
- Providing administrative support as needed.
- Undertaking project tasks as required.
- Developing project strategies.
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
- Ensure stakeholder views are managed towards the best solution.
- Chair and facilitate meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes to all project team members.
- Create a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective.
Project Coordinator Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, environmental sciences, business administration or political sciences or related field of study.
- Two years of experience in a related field or proven prior unpaid experiecnes ( applies to early graduates).
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience using online platfroms (Team, Zoom, Webex, Meet, Skype).
- Knowledge of file management, and other administrative procedures.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines and to travel in project locations.
Please note that the contract will be made according to national laws. A probations period of one (month) will be envisaged and then a one-year contract will be signed. The salary will vary between 35,000 – 50,000 All per month, subject to candidate experience .
How to apply
Please send your resume, letter of interest and 2 reference letters by 1 March 2021, via e-mail [email protected] Please, write in the subject Application for the Project Coordinator Vacancy.